Monday, February 3, 2014

In the words of...Satan



I’ve been meaning to post this up for quite some time. There is a great song that I hear from time to time called “In the Words of Satan” by a South African Christian band called The Arrows. I find the words really powerful and telling but, I wanted to put it in my own words (I’m not blind to the irony in that statement, lol). Basically, it’s Satan letting you in on his “game plan” for the human race. Here is my rewording of what I hear when I listen to that song. A link to the original song will be at the bottom for you to check out if you’d like.
--

Revelation 12:7
I've been here before any of you existed
By now, I know exactly how you work
I know all of your cravings
I know what makes you go bezerk
Been lying from the start just to make you play a part in my Great Rebellion against the Father God

I Hate
Everything he is
And I’ll make you hate him too
Make you hate him with your actions it's so easy for me to do
'Cause you like it...
“Sinning” feels good for the ego...
You love it...just admit it, let your hair go!

And every day I’m looking for ways to wind you up
Like my perfect little puppet, you're my favorite robot, you think you’re watching the world but I'm the one who’s watching you and all of hell is with me too, helping me make my lies look true

Oh and  believe me, there is a lie that works for everyone. Everyone.
A lie that opens your hearts so I can get me some more of your free will
I'm winding you
Winding you
Give me the control that's why I'm telling you
Selling you
Anything!
Everything!
Appealing to your human way of being and I use it all against you to just keep your eyes from seeing past the life you're living
Past the moment you're in
Past the pleasure of your sin

2 Corinthians 11:14
Or the drug in your system
Choke on your lust
I'll make you drunk with pride and hate
So deeply spun into my system that you won't see the light
Never mind that I'm drowning you
I keep deceiving you...

`Cuz I don't tell you
Bout the God in Heaven
Who loves you
Who yearns for you, no
I don't tell you
`Bout the freedom of forgiveness and truth
Why would I tell you?
Why would I tell you, the truth?

Instead, I’ll say that millions of years ago an anomaly exploded
And you're the result of this cosmic unknown, with no real purpose
You weren’t created for any real intent
The “reason” for your living or existence is so statistically impossible; it might as well be considered coincidence!
So all the remains is what you can gain and whatever meaning you attach to your days…you decide
Mmm, but I help you recognize the important things in life

Introducing money! It’s the root of all evil…or so they say
The concept is simple: I attach your self-worth to the salary you're paid. Be a slave to your desire for property
Your jewelry
Your cars and material things
Advertise that lie up on the TV so you want that bling
Selling and compromising bit by bit the little pieces of your soul, all to climb up the ladder of economic control
Oh, the greed of man makes it so easy to pervert the Father's plan

Or I'll tell you...
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4584496615522656&pid=15.1
Revelation 20:10
Sure, there is a heaven…but there's many ways to get in…then see people fight over which is the best way to view the world
Keep you so confused with the search for the truth that you will be paralyzed from actually looking for the truth
Tell you there are many ways to the same God…it’s all relative.
For you religious people, I’ll keep you distracted with your methods so your heart stays hard,
I'll make you think you've got spirituality, but it's really just emotional alchemy
Oh, the vanity of self-idoltary I never let you see that it breeds
Hedonism! Whoo!
And it's the anthem of this generation
Come on, drink it, snort it, smoke it, swallow it
Chew on my illusion of freedom til you vomit it

And still I don't tell you
Bout the God in heaven
Who loves you
Who yearns for you
No I don't tell you
Bout the freedom of forgiveness and truth
Why would I tell you?
Why would I tell you the truth?
---
Want to hear the original version? You will probably like it better. Check out the link below!

 In the Words of Satan- Original Song

No comments:

Post a Comment