Sunday, January 13, 2013

So it begins!




With the start of every new year, there is the promise of new opportunity and adventure. Having put off writing for far too long, I've recently been reminded of the importance of writing your thoughts down. So, I've decided to give blogging a try. As the description for this blog says, what I share will be a combination of what I question, search and learn.

Being a pastor, much of what I say will be written from the context which I find myself in. Although there will most likely be times when I break out of the box with something different. This week, I want to share a 4-part devotional series taken from Philippians 3:12-14 which reads:

   "Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (ESV)

New Year's resolutions seem to be pretty popular this time of year. Unfortunately, the amount of us who actually reach our goals by the end of the year are pretty slim (I'm one of the worst offenders. After all, starting a blog was something that I had as a resolution way back in 2010!). That being said, this week we're going to see what are 4 important characteristics that Scripture says we need as we hope to reach our goals (be it personal or spiritual). My intended audience here is both to individuals hoping to achieve their goals and to churches and their leaders as they hope to reach their own. Feel free to leave your thoughts and/or feedback as we explore this weeks series entitled "Pressing Towards the Goal!"


No comments:

Post a Comment